Thursday, May 15, 2008

Moving




So I've decided to move my Yahoo groups over to Google. The move is the right choice for a lot of reasons, but moving 3700 group members, tons of files, and all of our pictures is a daunting task.

That I was prepared for. What caught be by surprise was the feeling of being set adrift that came over me about 2 minutes after I made the announcement. Change brings good things, and I love a new adventure, but at heart I'm an earthbound sort of girl. I like having my roots. When I'm done traipsing through the Milky Way I want to know the same old home is waiting for me with all its comforts. Yesterday I deliberately cut off those roots to gamble on an uncertain future.

Still I'm glad I did it. I won't bash Yahoo outside of Yahoo, but it was getting pretty rough over there.

The last time I threw myself fully into the future without looking back I bought Leann Rimes' album Twisted Angel. It helped keep life livable for a very long year. This song was one of the ones I played most. I still turn to it when I need a little boost.



Wish me luck everyone.

Ms. Betty