Friday, June 26, 2009

A Cane of a Different Color

I got a new cane yesterday. Unfortunately, it's not the kinky kind.

A coworker left her keyboard drawer out. I walked into it. Two days later what I thought was just a bruise is now a deep tissue injury. It's left me unable to put weight on my leg for the next few days, so I have a nice shiny aluminum cane to help me hobble around for a week or so.

(for those of you keeping track, yes I always have been a bit accident prone, and that mixed with careless coworkers makes for lots of oopes and ows for Ms. Betty)

Still I could not help but smile when the nurse asked me if I'd ever used a cane before. ;)

Ms. Betty

5 comments:

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

MMMMMMMMMM! aluminium. I think you could talk bunny into trying that :)

prefectdt

Anonymous said...

.........ever used a cane before? Bit like when I was buying a belt k had told me to get, sales girl asked if it was for me........she was talking about gift wrapping of course!!!

Sorry to hear of your mishap, wish you better soon

Best

R

Dave The Rave said...

I hope you are on the mend soon and in "brand SPANKING new" condition in no time. Oh, and you might have to let your 'clumsy co-workers' know you can weild a cane with the best of them! LOL

Betty's Goodboy said...

eeeep!!!!!! you wouldn't beat your bunny wif luminun wouldja???
(ears straight up)

mitch said...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Ms Betty. Just think of the signals you could send with the AL cane! Lift it to "the position" and your companion instantly knows that a rattan is awaiting him later.