Monday, November 30, 2009

Heart of Fire

As requested by a commenter, I've dug up a picture of the heart of fire and it's two sister implements that I made from the same plastic jump rope.

I post this with the standard disclaimer about the lousy pictures I take:

Some of you who remember me from my 360 days may recall that when I started visiting pc at his office I had to tackle the challenge of finding quiet implements I could use there. The "ladies" as I call them were born of that need.

I'd bought the jump rope nearly a year before, thinking I'd find some fun thing to make from it but never getting around to it. Then about the time I was trying to come up with silent implements I saw a toy made from the same type of knot on an adult store website. Reluctant to buy such a thing sight unseen I decided to make my own instead, so I got out the jump rope and viola... The knot is a carrick knot, sometimes called a Josephine. As such I named the two implements Lady Josephine (the one in the middle) and her big sister, Lady Catherine (with the blue handle.)

After finishing them I had a short length of the jump rope left over. It wasn't quite long enough for another knot, but too long for a single loop. (Too much wrapping.) Since I thought the first two looked a bit like carpet beaters I took my inspiration there and modeled the third implement on the heart shaped carpet beaters I had sometimes seen. I did not name it, though, until the first time I applied it to pc's poor bottom and discovered the curious welts it left behind.

Ms. Betty

2 comments:

Florida Dom said...

From your previous post, it's obvious you're an expert at putting those implements to good use.

FD

Hermione said...

Those look amazing! But I think I prefer to keep my distance.

Hugs,
Hermione