Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend? What's a weekend?

I don't talk about work on this blog as a general rule. The reason for that is that it's very hard to describe what goes on in that den of chaos (said affectionately) without being more specific than I'd like about the location. But today I'm going to try, since the place seems to have swallowed my life for now.

Staff turn-over is a normal part of any business. It's sad seeing people you've come to know and feel close to leave, but usually the business chugs along as new people blend in and pick up where someone else left off. Sometimes though, that isn't so easy to do. I'm not sure what would be a "normal" rate of turn-over, but when you have about 25 employees and you lose 5 of them in two weeks, you can't help feeling mortally, or at least seriously, wounded. There are holes to plug everywhere and everyone is scrambling frantically to try and fill the gaps.

In my case it isn't all bad, the gaps have lead to a promotion for me, but it also means I'm doing something entirely different than I was doing before which is taking some getting used to. It also means that since we are still very short handed I'm working more than twice as many hours and filling in not one, but two spots until further notice.

Again, none of this is meant as complaint. I love where I work. I love the people, I love the company, I love the cause we work for. I go in in the morning giddy with excitement and leave at the end of the day physically exhausted, but full of that warm glow of good work well done.

I know our struggles are temporary. Things will be back to normal in a few weeks, so I'm not too worried. But right now it's very hard to think of anything but work. There won't be much spanking going on for awhile, I'm afraid.

Fear not, dear readers. I haven't lost the spanking bug. In fact I have one specific male co-worker I threaten to put over my knee at least weekly. (A lot of spanking banter abounds in our little shop so I can do this fairly safely. There are even a few smacks exchanged here and there. I have some very kinky co-workers, it seems.) I'm just short on time to tan bottoms. Even little bunny's getting a bit neglected.

I'm not sure I'll have much to talk about. I'm only home and awake about 4 or 5 hours a day currently, so I don't even have much time to read the news, but I'm going to try to keep posting. If it gets a bit quiet over here though, you know where I am.

Ms. Betty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hermione said...

How wonderful that you enjoy your work. (I mean your day job, not the other :-) Being busy is important. The more things I have to do, teh faster and more efficiently I get them done.

Be good to yourself.

Hugs,
Hermione