Monday, February 16, 2009

Lazy Monday

I was thinking of a nice long blog post today, but I'm not quite in the mood for rambling or typing.

I'm feeling a bit lazy and indulgent...in fact if our answering machine hadn't shorted out last night I doubt I'd get dressed today.

Of course there is a point to this, while it is true that life must be faced and lived, business must get done, errands run, etc, there is something to be said for taking time every now and then to turn everything off and focus on the simple pleasures of living.

So this morning I am doing just that. I'm sitting here in a new satin nightgown and matching robe and sampling the chocolates my husband gave me Saturday for breakfast while I sip a nice rich cup of hazelnut coffee.

And contemplating just what I'm going to do with the 50 yards (yes, as in half the length of a football field) of beautiful, soft, sensual marine rope I got on sale over the weekend.

I'm sure I'll think of something...

4 comments:

littlepinklotus said...

Hello Betty its been a while. I liked this blog entry btw. Sounds like a nice calm morning.

Marcy

Hermione said...

Macrame? You could make a very nice plant hanger out of the rope. A very large one of course, that might be useful for holding all sorts of things.

Hugs,
Hermione

Fabsterrant said...

Hi Ms Betty and hello to all the posters,lol. Your depiction of ambience is illusory and romantic. Good that you are having a great day. Very cordial post you have there, hope you get to enjoy the play on words.

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will think of something.

50 you say......50....mmm

R