Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Who am I and what have I done with myself?

Ever feel that way?

Recently I've found some very uncharacteristic thoughts floating through my head, and I'm not sure what to do with them.

I'm not much domestically inclined, yet here I am considering taking little iced, rattle-shaped, gingerbread cookies to a baby shower next weekend. I don't even like baby showers. I really don't like the idea of wasting half a day off gossiping with coworkers I see all week and a boss I really don't like. But good god I'm going, and I'm taking cookies. Homemade cookies. Decorated homemade cookies.

Something is very wrong here.

Usually I spend my days off planning wicked and evil things. This week I spent them rummaging through the pantry trying to figure out what I might be able to bake with what's on hand.

I bought a dresser recently. A pretty little white one with flowers on it. From the Kathy Ireland Princess collection.

I'm thinking it might be fun to take up quilting again. Or oh my God! crocheting.

I'm toying with redecorating the bedroom. Or decorating the bedroom. You can't redecorate something you never properly decorated in the first place. (properly decorated, do you hear me?)

What's the matter with me? Am I going soft, or just losing my mind? I don't know. It feels nice, right in a way, but it's also very strange, and just a little scary.

Either it's the weather (we're supposed to have a very nasty winter) or someone's done me the favor of completely changing how I see the world.

I'm hoping it's the weather.

(just kidding)

Ms. Betty

1 comment:

Betty's Goodboy said...

who was that strange woman i talked to on the phone last night??