Thursday, April 24, 2008

Do Cats Search for the Meaning of Life?

Maggie, our now not so little kitten, typed 42 point number, number, something into my search engine the other day. Anyone who has a cat and a keyboard, or who has ever read a Sneaky Pie Brown novel is used to the idea of cats typing odd things, but it seemed like such a large coincidence that I had to wonder.

Of course it has been widely known that cats have deep interests in esoteric things since Old Possum first remarked on the average cat's habit of spending hours at a time in a state of transcendental mediation so deep it is often mistaken for being unconscious while they search deep within themselves for the truth of their sacred names.

I suppose today's cats are just getting lazy and hope to use the short cuts provided by modern technology in order to be able to skip such labor intensive napping.

I suppose I should have been a bit more suspicious when I caught her having drinks with that pair of white mice. Hm...methinks a deal for 5-D chat shows is in the offing...

Ms. Betty

No comments: