Friday, April 18, 2008

Okay, so sometimes side-ads aren't a bad thing


I started using Gmail late last year. Again it wasn't so much a case of "want to" as of being forced out of my old email account by endless technical difficulties and very unhelpful (not to mention sometimes downright rude) customer care combined with not being able to convince them I was NOT spam. After awhile having important personal letters lost one after another gets old. I needed to be sure I was getting through, and Gmail seemed able to do that for me.

Of course, everything has it's drawbacks. I really don't like the text reader scanning my private correspondence to generate side ads next to the messages. Yes, I know it's done by machine, yes I know they don't actually read the email, they don't associate it with anything, etc, etc, but it still bugs me. (Do I have to use Gmail? Probably not, but I do need an email address somewhere and right now Gmail is still my best option.)

Skipping over the rant that should go here and continuing on, I don't like the snooping, but I really don't mind the ads. And some of them are very interesting, such as today's ad for wooden hairbrushes . These are very beautiful, albeit very expensive, hand made Italian wooden brushes made to last a life time. You can even by replacement bristles for them. The brushes are also made in a sustainable, eco-friendly way, which I liked.

I'm not currently in the market for a hairbrush, I have one sitting here that just got broken in earlier this week, but next time I am I will be taking a good look at these. I'm thinking the one with bamboo bristles has some very interesting possibilities beyond spanking. I wonder what I could do with one of those 10 packs of replacement bristles?

Ooh! I just spotted the combs. Here, bunny, bunny, bunny.

Ms. Betty

2 comments:

Betty's Goodboy said...

EEEEP!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, Ms Betty, they certainly zeroed right in on you ... hairbrushes. Can one ever have enough?