Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tis Finished...the quirt is ready to go



Well, here it is! I think it came out rather well, if I do say so myself. I used 1/4 inch nylon rope for the whip itself, with a narrow hollow tube inserted into the handle portion for a bit of rigidity.

The popper/cracker in this picture is about 12 inches of latigo lacing doubled over and knotted through the loop at the end of the quirt. I opted for the loop because I wanted to be able to change out the poppers to make the whip more versatile.

In all, I made 4 poppers ranging from fairly mild to OMG! OW OW!

Aside from the latigo, there are:

the black suede

the burgundy leather

It's hard to see in this picture, but this is the same leather I made Terry's Favorite Cat from, only in this case I turned the hard side of the leather out instead of the suede side.

and, a rubber popper with pointed ends:


This one would be the OMG! OW! OW!. This one is definitely reserved for well experienced bottoms and or heavy masochists. This little thing is mean.

The quirt has not been put to use in scene...yet, but I am happy to say it has met my expectations in target practice and that I was right that the shorter length makes it much more controllable and a much better fit in small spaces. I'm looking forward to getting some good use out of it on naughty bottoms.

Ms. Betty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms Betty,

You are quite talented as both a tool maker and disciplinarian. I'm sure this quirt will see many happy days popping away at recalcitrant men.

mitch

Betty's Goodboy said...

ooh. it looks like it will really hurt mistress.
I will try out all four poppers for you maam.