Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kitten With a Whip

Apologies to Ann-Margaret fans, but I'm talking about a different kitten and a different whip.

This is Maggie:
She came into our lives this past December when she showed up on the porch looking for something to eat and shelter from the freezing cold and snow.

Of course she's much bigger now, and she and I are having a slight difference of opinion over who owns my new quirt.


As you can tell, Maggie thinks it belongs to her. No matter where I put it, she has to dig it out, knock it down and drag it around. She'll even hiss at me when I try to take it away.

You can't reason with a cat. I've gone straight for the brute force approach: squirt bottle, but so far she remains undeterred. The quirt is hers, and there's no two ways about it. However she's indicated she might be kind enough to let me borrow it from time to time.

Good thing. She may have a passion for this particular whip, but I have to say her technique with it leaves something to be desired.

(Yes, she's chewing on it.)

Ms. Betty

1 comment:

Betty's Goodboy said...

I hope she is kind enough to let you "borrow it" when I'm out there maam.