Friday, May 9, 2008

Summer Rain


We got our first summer rains here this week. While I realize most of the world considers such a thing a non event to me summer rains speak of lush growing plants and the softening earth. The first rain of summer hints of the power of life and the fertility to come. My heart races, my breath quickens, my skin tingles as my senses come alive.

Yesterday we got thunder. I love the sound of thunder. I feel it as well as hear it. It rolls over me like an ocean wave and I shudder at my very core.

Rain storms put me in many different moods depending on how intense they are and how long they last.Violent storms tend to make want want to run wild while long steady soakings tend to make me quiet and reflective.

We've gotten plenty of both the last couple of days. It's left me feeling a bit nostalgic so I pulled up a favorite Oldie to listen to.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Betty's Goodboy said...

I love this time of year. Everthing turning this lush vibrant green! And I've been a storm watcher since I was a child.
A little National terrygraphic info...The leading edge of an electrical storm is loaded with positively charged ions. These cause excitement, or even anxiety, in people & animals. The trailing edge is charged with negitive ions. Which causes calm, and even mild euphoria. (I'm a huge fan of the weather channel.)
I haven't heard that song in years!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Betty,
Wow...
Chad and Jeremy...
what a flashback/rush it was to hear that song again. It took me back to a very interesting time in my life that I needed to revisit.
Thank you, ma'am.
May we have another?

With respect,

Vincent the Spanklover