Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What the Bunny Gave Me

In case anyone missed it, little bunny and I celebrated our first year together yesterday. And yes, he sent a present.

I'll let your imaginations run wild for a moment while you try to guess?
  • custom flogger?
  • exotic wood paddle?
  • designer handcuffs?
Not quite...

Anyone who knows me well knows that as important as kink is, my true passions are art and literature, and that nothing moves me like a myth. Myths strike that chord in me as nothing else does. They take me to a different world, speaking in a language all their own and revealing old truths long forgotten.

So, little bunny sent me a illustrated copy of Bulfinch's Mythology. Yes, that's my dirty little secret. 1,000 pages of dry academic study of myths of the world turns me on more than an entire rack full of rope and floggers does. lol.

This particular volume covers everything from the ancient Greeks and Romans, to Celtic and Norse tales, the legends of Arthur and Robin Hood and even the tales of Charlemagne.

I've barely had time to skim it, but every time I do I discover a new delight in it's pages. I can't wait to go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Thank you again, little bunny. The choice was perfect. Mistress loves the book and adores you.

What did I give him? Very simple: a long, intense switching and 366 hairbrush swats, one for each day of our past year together.

Ms. Betty

1 comment:

Betty's Goodboy said...

I have a big happy grin on my face maam. Every once in awhile things work out like we want them to. The book arriving on the day of our aniversery was perfect!
I remember the look on your face, and how excited you were looking at this book in the bookstore. I decided that day you would have it.